Kroppefjälls Sanatorium was built as a hospital for patients with tuberculosis and was run between 1911 and 1960. It was built high up on the plateau as the fresh forest air was thought to as being beneficial to the patients. The area is both beautiful and interesting. Most of the original buildings are preserved and in the forest around the sanatorium there is a walking trail called Doctor Saedens Runda. There are 25 monuments dating from the time of the sanatorium built of wood and stone. Today the old buildings are used as a refugee centre.